Teen Has Strange Reaction To Parents' Latest Pregnancy Announcement

A teen has gone viral for his reaction to his parents announcing they are expecting another child.

The 16-year-old already has six siblings and reacted negatively to his parents' announcement.

Remaining anonymous, the teen revealed he and his siblings had recently found out about the pregnancy. While he is 16, he has siblings aged 13, 10, 8, 6, and 4. 

"They only ever intended to have two kids," he said, adding they "don't have great jobs. We never had much space in our house to begin with and now we're all crammed in." 

He stated that times have become so tough, that he got a job at the age of 13 to pay for what he needed, such as a laptop. 


"The weight of being the oldest is already a lot and I have paid for stuff before. I babysit so my parents can work nights or get a break. I take care of the house most days so they can focus on earning money. But it's a lot and we're really too big of a family for what we can actually afford."

Following the birth of his youngest brother, he stated he started to "think about my future. I'd love to learn to cook better and work in a restaurant. Not college exactly because we could never afford it and my grades aren't good enough." 

This month was when his parents "sat us down and told us they're having another baby and Mom is like 14 weeks pregnant."

"My siblings were mostly surprised but me? I said 'not again.' I think I even cried a little which caught me off guard because I'm not a crier usually."

His parents then told him to "check his attitude."


"I know people say that having money isn't as important as long as you have a loving family and maybe that's true for some people. But mine feel like a weight I have to carry and not something I'm blessed with."

Reddit commenters have largely taken his side. One wrote, "Here are 3 parents in this household and two of them are acting very irresponsible, which is increasing the workload of parent number 3."

Another suggested he leave his family home as soon as he turns 18. "Make a plan. Keep it secret. Do not tell anyone in your family. Get your own bank account if you can." 

Others were telling the teen to not say no to college as he can look into financial aid and scholarships. 

"Honestly with your income you can probably get grants and scholarships. Those aren’t just reserved for kids with good grades. They are there for kids in your exact situation. There is hope and help out there."

Comments