Woman Found On Floor Of Jacksonville Monoclonal Site Claims Treatment Saved Her Life

 

CREDIT: Reddit

Toma Dean contracted COVID-19. Nine days later, she became desperate. She had pneumonia, her oxygen levels dropped and she couldn't get the treatment needed from the emergency room.

"I didn't think I would make it through. I was headed for an ICU bed."

Her mother then told her about a newly opened antibody treatment that was located at the downtown Jacksonville library. 

Fighting a 40.5 degrees Celsius fever (105 degrees Fahrenheit), she went.

She felt weak while waiting so she laid down on the carpeted ground. Someone nearby snapped a photo showcasing the deathly toll the virus is taking in Northeast Florida. It went viral.

After appearing at a news conference with Governor. Ron DeSantis, Toma explained that the treatment she eventually received saved her life.

"If you look at that photo, and you think you're half that sick, get up today and go to a Regeneron site. Please. You need the treatment. It will save your life."

Toma was invited to promote the Regeneron site alongside Gov. DeSantis and Mayor Lenny Curry. The treatment is free and is a way to save lives and reduce hospitalisations while the Delta variant keeps going.

Mayor Curry said, "We can see a correlation in the decline in hospitalisations, from the time these treatments became widely available to the public. It's saving lives. We've always said it's about protecting our health systems. It's working. It's doing just that."

DeSantis has revealed the state now has 21 antibody treatment sites and around 30,000 patients have been treated.

"The results have been positive, but we're not even close to where we need to be. So we're going to keep it going."

Toma is still in recovery.

"My voice is still not back. Lately, I still have a little bit of shortness of breath, but I can get up, I can take a shower. I can walk, I can do those things. I hope that I help somebody out there today."

Toma revealed she was not vaccinated when she fell sick but plans to get the vaccine as soon as she can.

No prescription or doctor referral is required for the antibody sites.  

Comments